Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Feeling Inspired

I have been wanting to the see the movie Life of Pi forever. It's probably old hat to you if you are into movies. If not, you must see this movie. January is always such a hard month for me. It is dark and cold. In fact super cold right now. We had temperatures around negative 24 Celsius over here. You open the door and feel like your face is going to fall off. Then you realize you have to go out there and shovel snow. Brrr.

Anyway. I finally got to see the Pi movie. I suppose if I had to sum up in one word what it is about I would say: Hope. Yes, a perfect movie about that topic. So if you are feeling down and sad, see that movie!

Image result for life of pi

Another good thing happened yesterday. I found a home for one of my little Waldorf doll babies. It is always such a joy and blessing when somebody adopts one of my babies. I was getting a little worried about this little freckled redhead. He is such a fine fellow. Well-behaved and quiet. Not sure why it took so long to find him a good home. I know redheads are a minority. Some folks are downright prejudiced against them. It is sad to me when I see kids in the classroom being discriminated against because of the color of their hair. Why? I don't get it. When I see red hair I get envious. Who wants to grow up with boring brown or dishwater blond hair?


So please, be kind to people. And love them for who they are. Red hair, brown hair, dishwater blonde, or gray. I am turning gray. Please, don't discriminate against me because I am getting old!

And here are some great quotes from that movie:

"I had to stop hoping so much that a ship would rescue me. I should not count on outside help. Survival had to start with me. In my experience, a castaway's worst mistake is to hope too much and do too little. Survival starts by paying attention to what is close at hand and immediate. To look out with idle hope is tantamount to dreaming one's life away."http://www.shmoop.com/life-of-pi/spirituality-quotes-2.html

“I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye.” Yann Martel

I think I will have to read some of Yann Martel's books now.

1 comment:

Jack said...

I too have not seen Life of Pi, I will see it now, and will give my feedback too. I like thrilling movies and this is not of that type, still I feel like seeing it for once.